• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923-A1 transmission

PowerstrokeNC

I am almost certain I know the answer to this but wanted to check 100% before making a mistake.

On my M923-A1 it has the additional spin on transmission oil filter in the engine compartment on the RHS. There is still another filter in the pan, correct?

Thanks for the help.

tashaak

Does anyone know how big of an opening the vent on the mt654cr transmission should be. I removed the vent line and stuck a wire down into it to see if it was in fact clogged. I hit hard metal about a 1/2 inch down then I aimed my wire off to the side a bit and it went in further. I guess my question is this normal? Does the hole offset going down or should it be a straight clear opening. I blew out the vent line from the transmission to the air intake tower and it was clear,I took all the hoses off from the transmission to the tower. If I had transmission fluid coming out the fill tube and not the vent is that okay. I mean if there was pressure inside the transmission from an overfill should it not go out the vent if it is clear and not the fill tube. Could there be another problem I do not know about. I dropped the pan and it was clean with no metal on the magnet at all. There definitely was too much fluid in the transmission from the previous owner. I am changing the internal filter and the external one and adding Dextron 3. If you have any imput it would be appreciated. Thanks