• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 A2 Gladhand On/Off Valve

TheUziButton

One of the on/off valves to the gladhand on my M923 A2 has a constant profuse leak from underneath the handle. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement OEM on/off valve?

M923A2_Gladhand.jpg

M923A2_02.jpg

M923A2_03.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just take it off and put new gaskets in. Or go to a truck stop and buy a new one.

Welcome to the site, I'll be in Dayton tomorrow. Ohio has quite the growing number of members.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leave you avatar like it is Gimpy. Nobody wants to see the ladies that don't fit in the little box.

Welcome from Georgia and nice truck! If you happen to meet up with Gimpy just make sure you keep any flares you may have under lock and key. No need to add more to his resume, lol.

TheUziButton

Take it apart and replace the o ring on the stem. Easy fix.
Does the on/off valve need to be removed from the gladhand, and then disassembled to access the o-ring on the stem or can I take the stem out without having to remove it. I took the handle off the on/off valve to access the stem but I cannot figure out how to remove it from the valve body.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the on/off valve need to be removed from the gladhand, and then disassembled to access the o-ring on the stem or can I take the stem out without having to remove it. I took the handle off the on/off valve to access the stem but I cannot figure out how to remove it from the valve body.
It has to come off. Separate the valve, ( it's screwed together ) push out the ball, ( it is slotted on the top where the stem is ) then push the stem down and thru the valve body to replace the o ring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks