• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 air actuated wiper motor question.

Moosemcnally

Can these be easily rebuilt or rehabbed? My drivers side m923 drivers side motor is leaking and not working? It shows signs of life but won't move.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a little air tool oil in it and try and help it to get going.
Good advise. Mine worked fine but I added some air tool oil anyways. They move faster and smoother now. Just remember, a little is a lot. Any excess will come out the exhaust port into the cab...unless you run the exhaust lines out the cab. Then you don't have to listen to the air either.

A little oil on the rod where it passes through the windshield will help too. If I remember the diagram in the TM correctly, there is a bushing in there but I could be wrong.

Awaiting pictures of a dismantled unit for future reference...:)

Moosemcnally

So after futzing with this for two hours, I discovered.....wait for it.....that the air lines going in to the motor were reversed. I reversed the air lines and now it works fine. It is now plumbed opposite of what the passenger side is which doesn't make sense to me, but it is functioning great! I have never touched those lines so somebody did something in the past?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks