• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Air leak problem

Tackettr

Gentlemen,
My M923 losses air from the secondary tank when the brake pedal is held, like at a stop light. It will bleed down and activate the low air warning system. There is a hissing sound from the intake stack while this is occurring. I have check all lines and diaphrams/canisters and all are good. Any help is appreciated.

ranchhopper

You have a diaphram going out the 923 has the exhausting air from the brake chambers plumbed back into the intake the air is passing through the hole in the diaphram and exhausting out into the intake.

Tackettr

Update: This problem turned out to be a bad diaphram. The problem with locating it for me was not having a helper. I would have to start the truck to build pressure, then place a brace on the brake pedal then jump out and try to back off the vent line on a particular wheel prior to loosing all the air, then repeat. Well somewhere during one these processes I followed the wrong rabbit hole and missed the bad diaphram. That is why I was thinking it was something else, like the brake pedal valve.

After posting here I decided to start over, however this time I would hookup my shop's air compressor to the emergency glad-hand to eliminate the repeated in and out of the truck. This worked great and allowed me to quickly identify the bad diaphram. I recommend this method for everyone trying to locate air leak problems.

Thanks for the help guys.

Moosemcnally

I have the same problem. The primary side leaks down and we can hear it in the stack. The primary means it is in the rear wheels correct?

MtnSnow

Moose, Most likely the Q2 valve found on the plate that is in the center of the truck just below the front bumper

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks