• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Battery Relocation Idea

machinist75

I have an idea for relocating the batteries on my M923. I am wondering if the battery boxes off an older m813 would fit on top of the rear tool box. There's about a thirteen inch gab between the top of the box and the bottom of the bed. Might have to move that side marker light back a few inches, and move the jerry can holder to the mudflap nearest the toolbox. So if someone happens to have a m813 sitting next to a m923 and can lay a tape measure to it I would be greatly appreciative.

Attachments

machinist75

Yeah I've seen that one. Bret had a good idea. Just trying out another option cause there dosnt seem to be a lot of the 915/916 trucks being scrapped out and readily available.

Tornadogt

I have some 813 trucks and a M923a2 here, I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some photos if it helps... From what I understand you want to just put the Batteries on top of the current side box on the 923? It looks like it would fit but I think you would have to make a new top for the 813 battery boxes.

machinist75

I have some 813 trucks and a M923a2 here, I'll take some measurements tomorrow and some photos if it helps... From what I understand you want to just put the Batteries on top of the current side box on the 923? It looks like it would fit but I think you would have to make a new top for the 813 battery boxes.
Thats it. I was thinking I would have to rework something, but the batteries would slide in and out and be secure.

Artisan

If "someone" made a sturdy pull out battery holder for that area they
would have a hit. I would venture to suggest just two Sears B-14
batteries and maybe an AMMO CAN or two next to the batteries for more tools.

I just have not been there, yet, to make it. I got sidetracked and bought an M916 and it
dwarfs my 5Ton but were almost done cherrying out the M916
and I have been eyeballin' the 5TON...that might be a good place to
start, again, on it.

Motorhome pull out bearing slides will do the trick nice I bet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks