• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923. battery toggle switch issue

wiersema07

Wondering if anyones had issues getting ready to start there m923 i flip the toggle and it clicks and doesnt activate the gauges just can hear it click behind dash after flippin it 15 times it eventually goes.. was thinking maybe just the solenoid behind dash but someone suggested a ground but its so hard to get to with all wires. Should i just chance getting a new solenoid or thinking something else. It starts when switch works so not a battery issue i dont think.

painter paul

Rap the protective control box on the outside of the firewall with a softblow hammer. That should give you power. The solenoids inside don't always make contact. Replace it, repair it or go cheap and carry that softblow hammer or a 2' piece of 2x4 with you.

wiersema07

Still having issues i replaced the solenoid switch. It makes a clicking noise in a black box under the hood on drivers side behind the ether system. I believe thats the protective control box.. is there fuses or possibly a ground issue i havent see anything out of ordinary so im kinda baffled why its not activating gauges when i flip battery switch...

painter paul

That is the protective control box alright. Did you turn the power switch on then rap on the box yet. You don't have to hit it hard enough to bend it but not just a light tap either. The solenoids in this sealed box get corroded and don't make good contact. Low voltage is also hard on solenoids, causing the contacts to burn and corrode. Turn on the power switch,give it a sharp rap and your gauges will probably come to life,allowing your truck to start. Report back to us here please. Thanks, Paul

wiersema07

Ok i had to leave for work i tried it last time i believe but dont remember if i had switch on. Does that box open to clean em? Ill try in morning

painter paul

Search here for info on repairs. The box has to be cut open and on most of mine the only things needed replaced were the two Ford style starter relays or soleniods. Some of the (newer, I think) boxes are made different inside. Also some boxes will interchange with the 800 series trucks,others will not.

painter paul

Ah yes, reminds me of the old hay baler mechanic they used to call "sledge hammer "Bartels. Sometimes a tap here and there is just the answer. Cheap too!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks