• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 doghouse R/R

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ha, It is a pain. No fun at all. I just cut an access door in mine when I did my dual fuel line kit. Put a piece of painted plywood over it. sprayed sealing foam under it and mounted accessories to it.

Emmett

I'm trying to get through the insulated cover over the doghouse just to get to the bolts. What is the seceret to that?

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm trying to get through the insulated cover over the doghouse just to get to the bolts. What is the seceret to that?
Let me know if you find a secret. Just started, but scratching my head at the ones on the top. Haven't opened the hood to see if "Cut the captive bolts off" is a viable approach.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's slowing me down is that the top bolts are all under a layer of insulation from the firewall. I can't even see a bolt head unless I somehow cut some insulation back. But access...

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, pictures...

Here's what I'm dealing with so far. Pulled up the floor mat to find that water had puddled and held under it.
WP_20170430_13_30_17_Pro.jpg

So once the doghouse is all out, I'm likely gonna pull the drivers seat and replace a decent chunk of floor plate. Or just weld new on top. We'll see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks