• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Electrical Issues

indyradar

Hello

I'm new to the forum. I have a 84 m923 that was running fantastic. I got it today. When I got home i was working on it, the battery case was open, and it was running. My ten year old bumped the seat and dropped the battery box door, which caused the positive slave cable terminal to make contact with the bottom of the seat. White smoke came out from under the hood on the drivers side firewall. Seems to be in the area of the "protective control box" now I HAVE NO POWER AT ALL. Please tell me (constructively) what to do. If your in Indy, beers/sodas on me if you want to come over and help me get this thing going again.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldneagle

He's lucky he didn't loose a finger or hand from that! Shouldn't let kids play in the truck when you are not watching them. Control boxes are available for a $100 plus used pulls. Call CSM Davis. He has some he can sell you.

indyradar

Totally agree Goldneagle, he knows better (so do I) but was excited. What does "plus used pulls" mean? And I'm guessing you think thats the problem? Is it common? And how do I call the CSM? This is my first day on the forum.

goldneagle

Totally agree Goldneagle, he knows better (so do I) but was excited. What does "plus used pulls" mean? And I'm guessing you think thats the problem? Is it common? And how do I call the CSM? This is my first day on the forum.

$100 and up. Used pulls from parted trucks.

Jeff Davis
CSM 3rd Bde Mississippi State Guard
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
(601)264-3453

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
White smoke came out from under the hood on the drivers side firewall. Seems to be in the area of the "protective control box" now I HAVE NO POWER AT ALL. Please tell me (constructively) what to do. If your in Indy, beers/sodas on me if you want to come over and help me get this thing going again.
My first guess would not be the control box, it would be the alternator. I slave started a 5-ton with dead (completely) and the alternator smoked on my truck (supplying power). If it is the control box that is much less expensive but easy to check. Pull the box and smell for magic smoke.

Welcome to the site and have your ten year old clean parts and tools (not much of a punishment I'm guessing). ;-)

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
And this is constructive. The term help is only to be used in titles where the vehicle is broken down on the side of a road someplace and actual help in recovery is required.

A title more descriptive such as "White smoke from dash area" would have been better.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed you title. We try to reserve "Help" in the titles for when you are stranded on the side o the road.

Do you own a voltmeter and know how to use it?

The PCB is just some solenoids. Most are not serviceable.

First thing to do whenever troubleshooting an electrical issue is to make sure you batteries are fully charges and loadtested. Then check your battery connections.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks