• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Exhaust Flapper

wsucougarx

If you're going that route, might as well put a short length of parachord on the cap. That'll allow you no worries in retrieving and allow you to re-use.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Yup, good idea! Of course, if I ever buy that box of 50 of them, I'll just dump them all in the empty compartment at the end of the battery box, and never worry about not having one. ;)

plym49

That inside cap looks really nice. Do all our Deuces have the same size pipe? I'd pay $5 shipped for one if you were to put in a bulk order. Since it should mail in a regular envelope/postage, that would be about 100% margin for you.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The deuces have a smaller exhaust pipe diameter than the M939 series 5-tons. I think it's about 3.5" diameter, vs. the 4" diameter exhaust on my M923.

The cap would melt, too, if it got hot. I suspect that after a long drive, I'd need to let the exhaust tip cool off before putting the plug in. I'm waiting for my SF97 to arrive so I can put that to the test! Hmm, I think that Caplugs also makes silicone plugs that can take higher temperatures.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think the easiest way to fix the problem would be to cut the pipe flat and install a flapper. Point it away from the truck and you should be fine. Fixed and forgotten...[thumbzup][thumbzup]

wsucougarx

The 3/8" bolt counter balanced worked as it should have. Last week, we had four straight days of good ole rain. Hail and heavy downpours at many times. Went to start the truck up and no sooty water shot out:razz:.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks