• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 front axle issue

Rmtaunton

I think you mean it is probably blowing out the intake stack follow your lines there is a valve on top of tcase with I think three lines in it , someone will post a pick of it soon I am on phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twisted60

Check the linkage under the truck just in front of the T-case, you will see a large washer on the linkage, there is a valve there that can have the air lines crossed, mine were crossed (my front axle did not disengage), attached a pic, check the lines.fullsizeoutput_e6d.jpgfullsizeoutput_e6c.jpg

twisted60

TM 9-2320-272-10 0003 AUXILIARY AIR-POWERED SYSTEM OPERATION
The Tm above is the -10 basically an owners manual, all TM's are here on line free, if you haven't downloaded them already do so, they are full of good stuff.

The line going forward goes to the switch on the dash that engages your front axle. My issue was i could not release the front axle, it was full time 6 wheel drive.

Mine was not leaking air when I tried to switch the front axle from the dash, I could also not shift into low range due to the lines being crossed probably during rebuild at Red River.

Are you able to shift into low range ? Do not try reverse in low range, just be safe and don't try it, many reports of Xfer cases not surviving. I assume you are trying to engage the front axle in high range ?

Check the lines in the pic and let me know. you can also try hooking up shop air to a glad hand to air up system and listen for leaks.

Good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks