• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Gunner Hole in the Hardtop

MP_1

Hello all,

I would like to cut a guinner hole into my Hardtop at my M923.
Is it right that the army have a cover with NSN no., If they have it, do they have also brackets for the cover.

Can I take a cover with bracket from a other vehicle?

Best regards

Andy

RDUKW

This is not what the armys hatch but Here is what I did for a hatch. It was a sliding hatch for an LVS. Then I epoxyed 1/2" of structural foam and a layer of fiberglass on the bottom of the roof. My top now has the perfect original crown an I can stand on it with out it denting or collapsing

Last edited:

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a M923 with the gunner hole in the hardtop and what looks like issued cover, if you need measurements or pics let me know, if I can find any numbers I'll take a look if requested. Mine had half an antenna holding it up to keep rain from puddling.

Attachments

Last edited:

RDUKW

Thant is a great idea.
Where can I get this sliding hatch?

Andy
at this point you will probably have to fabricate it as they are near impossible to get at this point. I have one hatch / slider frame I would possibly part with but there would be quite a bit of custom fabrication.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That opening is not a M900 series part although it looks like it would work good. That hatch actually is for the HEMTT.

Ryan
I assumed it was for the M900 because it was laying the roof of a M900 series. I would like to find one for myself to install on the roof of a M35.

camoyj7

RDUKW can you post some more pictures of your top please. I was going to use the gunner hole from my soft top in the hard top but that hatch you used is more like I want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks