• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 head light

Super76

I have 91 M923A2 and have changed the driver side head light out twice, the low beam keeps burning out but have not had a problem with the high beam at all. Anyone else having this problem? Every time I change the lamp it's $ 35.00. Does anyone know of a place that sells the lamps for less or is that just what it cost?
Thanks

JohnnyBM931A2

For what it's worth, I just did the H4 bulb conversion in my M931A2. $40 for each Hella bulb, maybe $8.00 for 2 pigtail connectors, and I think $15 for 2 Hella H4 bulbs. Gives you better light output, and since it is no longer a sealed beam headlight, you just replace the bulb when it burns out. $7.00 instead of $35.00. Might want to look into that after you fix the problem, just in case it comes back at some point. My 2cents. Hope you figure out what's going on! :)

JohnnyBM931A2

You're welcome. Here's the direct link to the swap thread that I followed:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?34411-H4-Headlight-Conversion

SUPER easy.. Just 3 wires per headlight to crimp or solder to the adapters (and I recommend using shrink tube like I did to protect the connections.) Everything else is plug and play :) And you can do it much cheaper than I did by using generic 7" headlights and bulbs. I just used the Hella parts because it is a brand that I trust.

Last edited: