• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 lonesum in SC

Mark3395

This is a duplicate note that's posted on the Transportation forum. Unfortunately that forum is lightly visited so I'm posting here in the hopes of getting additional eyes on it.

I have an M923 5 ton in SC that needs to get to the west edge of Illinois, on I-80. About 850 miles. I will be travelling east to Columbus OH next week and can extend a bit to go to SC and drive the truck back, but think it wise to have it hauled.

Anybody out there capable of that haul in about the next two weeks, or know of somebody who can do it? What's the likely cost? It'd make a nice backhaul.

Thanks much for any help,

Mark

Mark3395

****, I can't believe I misspelled lonesome.

Well, it works when spoken. Reminds me of my favorite political retort.

As the story goes a legislator from Kentucky stood to insult another and said "He's so dumb he thinks bird is spelled b-u-r-d." The other guy stood and replied "If b-u-r-d don't spell bird then what the **** does it spell?"
-

edit: I'll be ****ed... I didn't know the site purged minor obscenities. Took me 190 posts to get to one I guess.

jwaller

it's roughly 2k miles.

if it can be driven, then 2750.

if it must be hauled then I could do it for 4675.

if you just want me to pick it up and hold it until you make further arrangements then I can picl it up and hold it here for $200.

Mark3395

Hi Jwaller.

Thanks for the quote. Pricing is what I expected but I'd better shave my nickels and drive it.

I think picking it up and storing it is a great plan. I'm coming down for the
GA rally again, and figuring on driving it from SC to there then home. It'll give me time to get my DL upgraded. I'll IM you my contact info, and you can IM me your contact info as well so I can send you the pick up authorization. I sure appreciate this.

Cody, I'll let you know when I get it back so you can come oogle it.

Bolk, I'm glad you're happy with yours. It's one of the same batch I think. The film they posted provides a bit of confidence.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks