• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 no reverse

350TacoZilla

looking at a 923 and states "drove onto lot" and that was all info given, so i drove to check truck out and guy casually goes "yeah runs good but no reverse i think its the linkage". My thing is I dont want to get one of these trucks just to need a massive trans swap, is it entirely possible he is right and linkage needs adjusted? he said it doesnt even try to pull itself backwards just acts like still in neutral.

I have been lurking for awhile and seems like these trans are pretty bulletproof at stock power levels so I wouldnt think reverse would be toast but whats the chances of it?

quickfarms

When previewing a truck you should always check all of the fluids such as oil, water, power steering, fuel and trans. the contrition of the fluid can tell you a lot about the vehicle

Artisan

I might add to smell fluids as well...

If things smell burnt...move on or prepare for R&R

That MT654CR ( I believe ) transmission is prob running motor oil and not DEX 3 FWIW as well.

wsucougarx

Definitely check out all the fluids. Last week a M923A1 with cargo cover sold for a pretty good price. It was a Blount Island USMC truck in somewhat good shape. I smelled the tranny fluid and WOW!! That fluid was burnt! It probably wasn't checked in awhile as the inspection cover was rusted shut. I had to nearly bend the darn panel to gain access. I am sure glad I did because the truck was on my list to bid on.

350TacoZilla

Yeah I wish i would have spent little more time looking it over, I know the fluid can tell you alot about condition if it feels like has grit to it or smells burnt or looks to have water etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks