• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 No turn signals?

Breach27

My 923 lost turn signals a few weeks ago after I pulled my 105. Everything else works fine. I had a spare flasher and swapped it in. Still didn't work and I put on a new signal lever, checked all the lights and connections, bulbs, and went through the TMs. Still no turn signals. Any thoughts or ideas.

All help is very appreciated.

Artisan

I hate electrical but;

If all was well until the 105, look hard at that rear plug, maybe go to the next
cannon plug up the line and disconnect it. and try the fronts.

Look at the bulbs, did something short and burn all bulbs?

Find the Circuit breaker that covers that, maybe do a continuity test
to see if it is open or closed as normal.

If the flasher and turn switch you swapped in were used they could be bad.

I think Eriks has those parts, it is a safety item so if you did
swap in used parts get them new. Consider buying a new CB too.

I know throwing parts at a problem is not the professional way to fix electrical
but the flip side is to hire a spendy automotive electrician...

Look at your GROUNDS too. ALL these trucks need to have ALL GROUNDS
disassembled and paint and rust removed to bear metal, use combo internal/external
star washers when you reassemble. I have a handheld glass bead blaster that
does this job quick and EASY. I used dielectric grease on all surfaces during
reassembly. Make all TIGHT after cleaning.

I added a ground from the Left, Rear, Bottom of the Cab TO the frame
I added a ground from the Bed TO the Frame when I pulled the fuel tank ground.
I did those w/ I think it was a #8 wire.
Some of the grounds;
Alternator to Frame
Frame to Compressor
Hood to Frame
Cab to Frame above starter
Starter to Engine
Engine to Frame
Fuel Tank to Frame
All Battery Posts need to be cleaned to perfect and fix all battery post rubbers AND
THESE TRUCKS HAVE A NASTY HABIT OF THE BATTERY MAIN CABLES WEARING
ON THE LEFT, REAR of the engine block. It is impossible to see. The only way
I could do it was to disconnect them at the STARTER and move them around.
I found one of these REALLY BAD PLACES WHERE ALL INSULATION WEARS AWAY.
I slipped a very thick piece of rubber hose the right size over the cable.

In the future "I" will move batteries..

Find ALL Grounds and pull them ALL and clean ALL and reassemble.
All these trucks need this PM IMO.

The two bolts that hold the turn/stop lights to the truck ARE THE GROUNDS, pull and clean.
be ready for those bolts to break and you will need new lights.

Follow all wires, look/feel things look for breeches.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure both flasher units work? You can easily test them with a light bulb and battery or power supply. The flasher connector diagram is on SS somewhere. I don't have it on this computer.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray is THIS what you speak of?
Yes, thanks Artisan. The third picture in post #1.

I had an intermittent flasher in my M929. I ended up digging out the potting and milling out the flasher can so I could mount a Grote 44850 flasher in the can and use the OE connector on the can. I made a clip on holder for the Grote flasher that holds it to the flasher can. I can easily replace it if necessary.

Grote_44850.jpg

atomic88

How would I go about testing the flasher on my m931a2. I have an issue with the flashers. If use right flasher the front right does not operate. The rear right flashes as it should. If I use left flasher the front left operates as it should, but both rear flash. I checked the bulbs in all the housings and they were ok. I replaced the turn signal operator a couple years ago to fix a separate issue. I replaced the trailer plug on the deck with a seven pin civilian type since I pull a normal grain trailer with it. I suspect it's either some un used wires in that 7 pin plug that came in taped and are shorting, or it's the flasher box.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How would I go about testing the flasher on my m931a2. I have an issue with the flashers. If use right flasher the front right does not operate. The rear right flashes as it should. If I use left flasher the front left operates as it should, but both rear flash. I checked the bulbs in all the housings and they were ok. I replaced the turn signal operator a couple years ago to fix a separate issue. I replaced the trailer plug on the deck with a seven pin civilian type since I pull a normal grain trailer with it. I suspect it's either some un used wires in that 7 pin plug that came in taped and are shorting, or it's the flasher box.
Clean all your grounds for the light housings.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks