• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 or m923a1

randygk

Howdy,
Since I'm not having luck finding an M813 close, I will go M923. Can't decide between M923 and M923A1, duals or singles. I will be only using truck to play with, a few parades, shows, or local drives. Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks
Randy

poorman4x4

I've done all the events you just mentioned including Louisiana Mudfest with my super singles, i dont see any reason why duals cant do the same events. I would only think heavy mud would affect the duals.

Breach27

I bought mine as 923 and changed it a couple of months later to an A1. I miss how she handles and rides with the duals, but she looks good riding on the singles. Up to you.

Scarecrow1

Like Breach27 said the A1,s look cool and are by far the better tire for mud and sand but, this comes at a cost. The truck tends to float when you get above 40 MPH. To make matters worse the tires are almost impossible to balance. I also don't care for the fact that regardless of which tire if you have a flat your not going anywhere until you fix it. If I had my choice of trucks just to what you said I would just go with the 923 not the A1.

randygk

Well thanks for the input, went to an auction looking at an M925, then I saw the A1, I saw the singles and that was it. Yes at 55mph on certain roads it does seem like a ride at Disneyland, but I'm happy with it. I have another post about lucking out with this truck at GL.