• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Painted (pics)

No.2Diesel

Hi,

We finally got around to addressing some of the spotty surface rust and painting the truck using the TM as a guide. We found a spare tire retainer and rod so now the spare tire is finally resting in its proper place

With TM in hand I marked out the pattern in black sharpie and labeled each area with 1 (black), 2 (green) , or 3 (brown.)

My brother tried using a gravity fed touch up gun for outlining but ended up just using the larger gun as the touch up caused runs and was difficult to control the amount of paint applied. It was either none or all.

Using Gillespie, he used about 3 gallons of green, 2gallons of black, and a half a gallon of brown.

I had picked up a 3 color cargo top from CARNAC at last years 08 RC Rally and made sure that I matched the top pattern with the cargo body.

We brought the truck to our Truck/Tractor/Engine show a couple of weeks ago and everyone enjoyed it.

Attached is a mix of before/after pics. Enjoy!

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
In pic 6, it doesn't look that much bigger than a deuce, in person they look massive! I would have never believed how much bigger they were till I saw one in person. Good lookin truck.

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I liked the MERDC camo. It was unique. I think it was the only 4-color 900 I'd seen. The end of an era, I guess.​

No.2Diesel

Thanks for the compliments

Hi,

Thanks for the compliments. The mil. engine driven compressor works great and was used to spray the truck. Na, there was no need to re-spray the interior as it is in really nice shape.

I know the merdc was kinda neat but I hated seeing the camo cargo top on with the mismatched & faded paint.

Paint jobs aren't permanent and the TM is always there for reference..... if I got ahold of a nice green vinyl cargo top instead then maybe it would have been re-done in its original scheme.

And no.....no more dry-humping trees for this MV princess. Its too high class for that kind of behavior. It'll be sippin' Bordeaux at the next Greenwich Concourse De Elegance! :p

Attachments

No.2Diesel

More Show Pics

Hi,

Uh ohh....we got Mastoids!! :grin:

Yeah these pics are from the annual LIAPA/ATHS show at the farm museum. Its alot of fun as there's stuff for everybody. (I usually bring my JD crawler loader too but I'm trailerless at the moment, but not for long....) I'll bring it to the fall show.

We actually ran out of space for trucks this year and I couldn't get a shot of all the MVs.

Here is a random selection of some more pics of the show for your enjoyment:

PS: the photo of the "civilianized" M127 is still for sale for very cheap. My truck club friend has been trying to sell it for a while now.

Attachments

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed CUCVFAN on the MERDC camo. That was the only M939 series truck that I have ever seen with the 4 color camo.

mastoid? you only hear that one place around here and it usually follows a bad night of drinking . havent heard that one in quite some time :-D the truck looks great by the way. seen it for sale over at truck parts in babylon by the door.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks