• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 power steering belt size?

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know if the belts you are looking for are on this spreadsheet but they may be at the bottom. There should be a sticky with this guys spreadsheet.Screenshot_20201010-135409.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Attachments

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry those weren't A2 I believe these are the A2 numbers.Screenshot_20201010-135539.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You don't need a power steering belt to drive either so keep on going till you get home. Then worry about it. Not on the side of the road

EmeryAndCompany

You don't need a power steering belt to drive either so keep on going till you get home. Then worry about it. Not on the side of the road
Yeah I just happen to know my mobile mechanic was close by, we found the belts sizes and are in the process of replacing! Thanks all.

I was able to turn the truck just fine but even at speed it was difficult, and I had a m35 that had no power steering and this was about 2-3 times as hard so got a little nervous!!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be glad you did not lose the water pump belt.....

Been there done that on the side of I-10 :-(
You are right about that. That happened to me on my M925 and I was on I10 headed home from a MV display. Towed the truck home.

EmeryAndCompany

Old military vehicles
Is not one supposed tp have spares and know everything abut a truck Before
one goes on the road with it.
Not in my world, professionally inspected for safe operation every 6 months and call in the experts when something goes wrong. I am no expert. Preventative maintenance per the manual on the weekends. I’m lucky to have a great mechanic, and have a business to run.
Old military vehicles

Old military vehicles
There’s a lot to know! Professionally inspected per the manual for safe operation and mechanically safe and sound for the road. It’s more reliable than most of my past 100,000+ mile vehicles so I treat it as a truck that I use daily, not as something I study and obsess about as a hobby. The more I use it, the more I fix, the more I learn. Safety is my focus with this truck!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not in my world, professionally inspected for safe operation every 6 months and call in the experts when something goes wrong. I am no expert. Preventative maintenance per the manual on the weekends. I’m lucky to have a great mechanic, and have a business to run.
Just because it is " professionally inspected" doesn't mean it won't fail. Seen NEW stuff fail on the dyno and road tests. Having "professionally" maintained an old MV, and driven it to the dirt, played 3 or 4 days and driven it home, hundreds of miles, I can tell you, you need to keep the small spares on hand, in the truck. Belts, AT LEAST a hose repair kit, bailing wire, fluids and tools. And have someone operating the vehicle that has a clue as o how to remedy the issue at hand. How much $ does it cost your business to rely on outside help that can be handled in the time it takes the help to arrive?

Just sayin'

Been there, done that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks