• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 questions

osudieselguy

Let's look at some pistons. One of these pistons got a little warm. Can you tell which one? Hmmm...
IMG197.jpg
Head had aluminum frosting sprinkled with ring bits. This will need reconditioning.
IMG188.jpg

osudieselguy

Heating the pistons is necessary to remove and install the wrist pins. Nothing warms the heart like a cookie sheet of pistons going into the oven.
IMG193.jpgIMG209.jpgIMG210.jpgIt's best to do this while the OCD wife is out of the house for a few hours.

osudieselguy

Here's a fuel/fuel tank cleaner I made. I'm to cheap to drain and dispose of 40+ gal. of diesel and the tank needed rinsed out. I remove the drain plug, drain the fuel into a container. The pump sucks the fuel out of container, filters it, then sprays it out of the hose while I direct the stream of clean fuel at the interior walls of the tank. The fuel drains back into the catch container and the whole process repeats until the fuel and tank are clean.IMG348.jpgIMG349.jpgIMG350.jpgIMG351.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice cast work on that left piston BTW :-(

very impressive on everything. I suspect you have done this at least once before....

Nice fuel tank flusher. Did you make it? Also very cool.

Thanks for sharing

osudieselguy

Nice cast work on that left piston BTW :-(

very impressive on everything. I suspect you have done this at least once before....

Nice fuel tank flusher. Did you make it? Also very cool.

Thanks for sharing
Thanks for the complements. This is the first time rebuilding a NHC250, however, I have over 250 text messages from a good friend who has done this type of motor hundreds of times (no exaggeration ) and he helped me with the valves and injectors with his magical touch.
I made the tank flusher from a Harbor Freight pump, a whole house water filter, and misc. pieces. Note however, that the filter is good for particulates down to 15 micron, but NOT water. Just sayin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks