• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 receiver/hitch assembly

mash740

Yes. I bought a class 5 hitch for a Chevy 3500. The frame rail width is exactly the same as my M934. I thought I had some pictures but can’t find them. I’ll go take some and show you what I did. I went with Class 5 because I haul a 32’ covered trailer with my M37 and M151 inside. The trailer weight is about 14,000. I built a converter to conver 24 volt lights to 12 volt. I also added an electric break control. PM me if you want to discuss on the phone.
I've seen some pics of guys using class 5 hitch on the m923, my concern is the frame is shorter than like a m923 if that makes sense. I can try to upload a couple pics of what i mean .

mash740

here is what I did to mine, took some time but turned out nice. So far has held up well. Also gave me a spot to mount my license place. Hope this helps.
Looks great! That's above my personal skill level but If I have to have someone make me one I can show them the pic of it. Thanks

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen some pics of guys using class 5 hitch on the m923, my concern is the frame is shorter than like a m923 if that makes sense. I can try to upload a couple pics of what i mean .
My M934 is longer than a M923 but I think the way I mounted it would work. You need about 18” of frame rail to bolt up to. I had to move the glad hands but that was the easy part. The hardest pard was drilling 6 - 5/8” holes in the frame. The steel is quite hard.

mash740

My M934 is longer than a M923 but I think the way I mounted it would work. You need about 18” of frame rail to bolt up to. I had to move the glad hands but that was the easy part. The hardest pard was drilling 6 - 5/8” holes in the frame. The steel is quite hard.
I don't think that will work for me I don't have enough room. I have about a foot of useable space on the frame rail. I'll try to take a couple photos of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks