• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Safari trucks

rebelqwes87

Tony, they will be driven through our 400 acre Zoo and Safari park. They will have some what of a course but will drive where ever the animals are. There is a little off roading as well as a pretty large creek to ride through.

The trailer in the second photo is not part of the ride just in our lot.

here are couple of photos just driving some of the staff through.
View attachment 501766View attachment 501767View attachment 501768
I saw one of the trucks at the GA Rally this year. I must say they are a pretty neat set up!

KaiserM109

Great use for a good truck!!

RE posting #10, I like how you handled the exhaust. I'm planning to put an M109 box on mine and state law says that the exhaust must exit behind the passenger compartment. I have been wondering how I might solve the problem.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hoping these are working out well. and I hope the trailer is too. FYSA: the BOH trailer is a non-standard item and parts are not available through the supply system, you will have to contact BOH for specialty stuff. Approx cost of that trailer is $64K ea.

datadawg

I'm hoping these are working out well. and I hope the trailer is too. FYSA: the BOH trailer is a non-standard item and parts are not available through the supply system, you will have to contact BOH for specialty stuff. Approx cost of that trailer is $64K ea.
$64K for a trailer??? Is that the government rate???

Mjvaden

Good to see SS community getting stuff for 5 cents on the $. Did you have to do a lot of work to the trailer or was it fully overhauled?
The trailer was mechanically sound. What we did was strip and treat all rust, fabricated the stake sides, built the Bimini top and bows, lengthened the hitch (because we had lengthen the length of the beds on our trucks 48"), mounted the boarding ladder to the back, repainted the entire trailer and applied raptor bed liner to the deck of the trailer.

It has worked well for us. At some point we will have a drive in loading station at the zoo where people can just walk up and board. We will be fabricating more trucks including handicap accessible trucks that will hold two wheel chairs in the first two rows. They are fun truck and have been VERY well received by our guest.

I Tried to put the photos in order but could not get it to work.

t7.jpgt3.jpgt8.jpgt9.jpgt4.jpgt2.jpgt6.jpgt1.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks