• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Smoke

HMMWV Nut

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there anyway I can lessen the smoke, or blow by in on my M923? Is there a fuel additive or something out there?
I have added Lucas heavy duty oil stabilizer when i changed oil and added Howes diesel treat additive. There are many good products on the market but i have used these in the past and they have solved the issues you are experiencing.

Ue413

Is your 923 an 8.3? I've got constant smoking on an 8.3, but I believe good compression as it fires up immediately, but believe it has suffered from sitting and / or ether use.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The nhc250 motors injectors can be adjusted but you need someone old school to do it. I used to have one that fogged mosquitos still it was decently warmed up and it still smoked a bit. Depending on the color of the smoke you could be burning oil also.

JohnnyBM931A2

Yeah, mine I think has blow by/smoking from sitting. I will try replacing the oil, and see if that helps. And yes mine is an 8.3 I am pretty sure.
Pretty easy to tell if you have an 8.3 instead of a 250.. The 8.3 is smaller, and it has a turbo on the passengers side of the engine :)

Also, if your truck has the tire inflation system, or 4 shackles on the front bumper, you know it's an A2 with the 8.3 engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks