• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923 soft top bows

spartan_185

Hey guys,

I just recently picked up a M923 at auction. The thing is that it doesn't have a top or bows. I was just wondering if one could fabricate the soft top bows or would one be better off trying to find a set? I know that the M939 series tops wider than the Deuce tops and both the soft top kits and hard tops seem to be hard to find at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dieselsmokem35a2

Dont know if this helps but I have a deuce and a M923 and although the cab on the 5 ton is wider it still only uses the same three metal ribs that the deuce uses. They are interchangeable (sp?).. I have also been on the search for tops...soft or hard and all I have been able to find is desert tan. Someone told me that there is a guy in Calaifornia that can get soft tops right from the manufacturer but I have not been able to locate that source. Supposedly they are resonobly price too... If I find the source I will be sure to post.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are referring to the pipes that go left to right (across the cab), they are specific to the M939 series trucks because the cab is wider, as you stated, and are hard to find. If you can find extras, you can fabricate them from the M44/M39/M809 series soft top assemblies. I have had to do this previously.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

spartan_185

Thanks a lot, Those pics really give me an idea as to whats all required. I think I will take your advice and start with a pre-existing kit for a deuce or 800 series.

spartan_185

PM me your phone # and I will try to call you this afternoon with measurements.
Thanks for the offer, but I just got off the phone with a gentleman who's going to sell me a hard top. Im just waiting for a shipping quote. Thanks to everyone for all the info though, its what makes this website so great.

dieselsmokem35a2

Dont know if this helps but I have a deuce and a M923 and although the cab on the 5 ton is wider it still only uses the same three metal ribs that the deuce uses. They are interchangeable (sp?).. I have also been on the search for tops...soft or hard and all I have been able to find is desert tan. Someone told me that there is a guy in Calaifornia that can get soft tops right from the manufacturer but I have not been able to locate that source. Supposedly they are resonobly price too... If I find the source I will be sure to post.
My bad! I thought he was just talking about the ribs that go from the rear tube to the windshield frame. I guess I missed the fact that he needs the entire setup. The three skinny bars that run from windshield to the back tube are the same as the Deuce though. But no, the tube going from door to door are quite a bit longer. Sorry about that!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the offer, but I just got off the phone with a gentleman who's going to sell me a hard top. Im just waiting for a shipping quote. Thanks to everyone for all the info though, its what makes this website so great.
If you got one of the M939 series hard tops with the gunner's hatch, please let me know...I want one!