• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Tire and wheel reference?

kicker9898

Hello all, is there any kind of reference for possible wheel and tire combinations for the 939 series of 5 Ton trucks? I have seen posts about 395's, 46, 53, etc. Are all these tires able to fit on the standard M923 wheel or do some of them require different wheels as well.

On the 395's that I've seen on wheels on GL, are these 10 Lug wheels a direct swap to the M923?

Sorry for the newbie questions, thanks in advance for any help.

Jason

SLOrazorsedge

The 395 tire/wheel combos you see on GL are primarily MRAP steel and Hutchinson aluminimum wheels which will not fit the M939 series truck hubs. I have seen some 395's lately that are NOS mounted on FMTV wheels which will bolt up to your truck. As for wheels to single out, you want the "Combat" , "FMTV" or the "HEMTT" wheels.

SLOrazorsedge

It's the wheel you should be concerned about. They are 20" in diameter. The M939 series trucks will accept tire sizes with some limitations on offset of the wheels from 16R20 to 9:00X20. The typical size single tire size is 14R20 which are approx 49.5" in diameter. Check this link for tire diameter and width sizes which should answer your question: http://www.militarytires.com/