• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923: What could these items be?

smurph

I was looking at a fellow member's M923 and it had some strange items on it. At least strange to me. Any clues?

FirstFriday4.jpgFirstFriday3.jpg

The first pic shows a key lock, drivers side right below the dash. Also, there is no familiar steering lock chain welded to the seat on this truck. It is a Red River refurb.

armytruck63

I'm guessing that the key switch is another battery cutoff switch upstream from the one on the dash board.

The item on the windshield frame, could it be a flux capacitor maybe?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the gizmo on the window pillar is a GPS tracking device that holds a battery in the screw off cap and snaps into a bracket.

The switch is some sort of field modification. ???

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can see it now the government coming after you for destruction of government proberty.
They will say you own the truck but not the GPS locater.
What the heck take a hammer to it lol.
They can only lock you up for so long.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm guessing that the key switch is another battery cutoff switch upstream from the one on the dash board.

The item on the windshield frame, could it be a flux capacitor maybe?
LOL If you find yourself doing 88mph(maybe falling off a cliff or something) and you're in the 1950's you know armytruck63 was right on the money!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Tag is a standard RFID Shipping device the Army uses. It should snap out of the bracket, there should be a 3v lithium ion battery in it, dispose of the battery and there should be a mailing/shipping address on the back, drop it in a mail box. I have a few that I have used for a while to track my PCS movements. You would need to log into LIW, have the serial and shipment number to track where it is. It only pings when near an RFID reader. It cannot ping individually (ala GPS). The mount will be attached via some heavy duty 3M type adhesive.

FloridaAKM

I have M1102 trailer that had the base of that unit still attached when it was picked up from DLA in Atlanta last summer. The actual RFID device was removed luckily, thanks for the clarification/identification.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Problem, the Army doesn't require my knowledge anymore, might as well spread it elsewhere!