• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 with roll cage and tall hardtop

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well part of the question is answered.

Title:Lapeer Industries Presents M939

LAPEER, MI - MARCH 27: The Lapeer Industries M939 armor-ready reinforced cab is lowered onto a military truck chassis during a news conference March 27, 2008 in Lapeer, Michigan. The M939 protective housing is designed to help keep U.S. troops safe in combat zones around the world. The National Guard and TACOM worked to get the M939 cab approved for use by the National Guard as well as gaining its approval for deployment in combat theatres through the year 2032. (Photo by Steve Fecht/NewsFotoNet via Getty Images)

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Munster Mobile LIVES!!!!

It lives!!!

I could not wait any longer so I pulled the batteries out of my Deuce (NAPA Commercial 1100CCA) and pulled all four of the 6TMFs out.

Whoever put them in broke the plastic boxes tightening the bolts too tight and pulled the j-hooks through the bottom.

I bumped the starter and it started so easy I thought it was a blower motor for fan I heard running. The seats did not air up but she built good pressure and the brakes worked. Power steering leaves a lot to be desired with those Goodyear tires. After parking they may be a little low.

You have to hold the brake to shift transfer and I never put it in low because I don't know if it has the same problem as the others breaking the case in low reverse.

I backed it up and did about a 5 point backing and going forward flailing exercise to move it out of the driveway. After I got her pointed in the right direction off to the barn I went.

Pretty cool having a push button transmission.

I took a video from the inside of it running I'll post up shortly.

Last edited:

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice video, thanks for going to the trouble. I have looked at similar trucks, my friends think they are ugly, but I think they are cool.

machinist75

939 Series W/Roll Bar

Can anyone tell me what the 939 5 tons with the internal roll cages and square box tops were used for. I'm thinking for training maybe for the Frankenstein up-armored cab 5 tons. They look like they were never used. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The inside photos I've seen of that type have a gunring mounting structure inside the enclosure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks