• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A1 Engine Swap Progress

sd39u

The repair shop is finally getting around to completing the engine swap on my M923A1. He's got the old motor out and is putting the new (read used takeout) motor back in the truck.

He's flushing and checking the radiator for me and putting a new thermostat on for good measure. With any luck my wallet will be much lighter...but I'll have my truck back for the 4th of July. Big Dog will have a new lease on life!

Eric

sd39u

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Here are some progress photos and a peek at the main bearings of the old motor and the new motor on the pallet.

Man...that motor must have been HOT to do that damage!

Eric

sd39u

Big Dog is back home. We completed the 51 mile recovery earlier today. 95 degree heat and high humidity tested the cooling system on the truck and on me!

image.jpg

Eric

sed6

Congrats! I'm sure it stunk to face such a major repair (and bill) so early in your MV ownership. You handled it better than I might have.