• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 Heater core

jstier

When I got my truck off the trailer, I had coolant on the floor of the cab on the passenger side. Got a little steam on the way home. It was only a 5 mile drive. Checked coolant level and it was about 3/4 gallon low. I pulled the heater core out tonight. The coolant inside the heater core was pretty nasty. I am going to take it to local shop tomorrow. Incase they can't fix it anyone have an sources for a new one or a take out. Been looking all over the net and on ebay and can't find one.

Thank you
Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

jstier

Incase anyone is curious. Local shop confirmed bad core and wasn't able to locate original, but was able to come up with a core that would fit. It is alot heavier duty than original plus they said it will transfer more heat. Total charge $107.00

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

rrrr

Incase anyone is curious. Local shop confirmed bad core and wasn't able to locate original, but was able to come up with a core that would fit. It is alot heavier duty than original plus they said it will transfer more heat. Total charge $107.00

Jeff
Fort Wayne IN

Do you have a part number or something ? My new 932 has a leaking core and I probably need another.

thanks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heater cores are the same as those on the M809 and M44 series trucks. Talk to anyone with a residue truck with a heater and swap in a take out heater core.

jstier

Do you have a part number or something ? My new 932 has a leaking core and I probably need another.

thanks
No I don't have a part #. I had Ace Radiator in fort Wayne IN do the repair. Im sure you could UPS it to them. These guys are awsome.

Last edited:

rrrr

Thanks, I'm going to pull it today and pressure check it and see how many and how big the leak/s are. Hopefully I can just have it repaired.

jstier

Thanks, I'm going to pull it today and pressure check it and see how many and how big the leak/s are. Hopefully I can just have it repaired.
Mine was full of a talcom powder like tan sand, which was between fins on the outside of the core. I thought about adding some filter material in front of it, But I don't have any plans on going to Desert anytime soon, so I didn't.

rrrr

Got the core out and it looks like its leaking in two places. I hope my local radiator repair shop can handle it !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks