• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 oil type?

carbonraptor

Hey everyone, i was just woundering if anyone knew right off hand what the engine oil requirements are for this truck. Its the A1 so its the NHC 250 Motor. thanks :D

carbonraptor

Yea inside that it shows 27 quarts. But its hard to read, its barley visible in the manual. I think the type says OE/HDO 30? Never heard of that. Google defines it as Oil, Engine, Heavy Duty. which makes sense, and ive heard you can get equivalent diesel engine oils at walmart as well which is great but what do you guys recommend? I dont want to put Cheap oil into my rig, well a cheap price is ok as long as its good oil anyways.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OE/HDO is the military term for the civilian world of "HD"

many opinions on brands but in my 20 years in the automotive aftermarket, I believe the frequency of drain is more critical. All modern oils have to meet a certain spec to be certified on the label seal. Private labels are made by a major vendor. There is no difference in NAPA than regular Valvoline. All that changes on the assembly line is the container not the product being poured into it.

Not sure who makes Wal Mart but it is a major national brand who fills their bottles. I have been using their oil since I left NAPA 10 years ago with out any issues as the price is right. I change oil at 3000 on all my family vehicles and never have experienced any problems. We typically put 20,000 miles a year on my 2 primary suv's without any oil issues. You can pay more but for a low mileage mv, you will not go wrong with wally world. They also sell rotella at a decent price so does Sam's.

I would also not hesitate to use tractor supply's private label either.