• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a1 w/ 8.3l??

halloran

Got a local guy here who is selling his 1984 m923 and he claims it has the 8.3l turbo in it. If this is true does it affect the value of the truck much? It has super singles on it and 32000 miles. Anything I should look out for when I go inspect it? He says the movie prop company he got it from originally did the motor swap. Seems to me that doing a full motor swap wouldn't be financially feasible but hey maybe I am missing something.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a local guy here who is selling his 1984 m923 and he claims it has the 8.3l turbo in it. If this is true does it affect the value of the truck much? It has super singles on it and 32000 miles. Anything I should look out for when I go inspect it? He says the movie prop company he got it from originally did the motor swap. Seems to me that doing a full motor swap wouldn't be financially feasible but hey maybe I am missing something.
I'd look for the 8.3 turbo :) I much prefer the engine. I have a 923 and a 923A2, the A2 wins hands down. I think some documentation on what movies it was in would be pretty awesome to have. I bought an AR18 that Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly used in Terminator, but haven't gotten any documentation. The original owners were Stembridge rentals, nice enough people, they couldn't verify my AR18 as being used in the movie.

Perhaps, they had a wrecked A2, exploded ect or rolled over in a scene destroying the frame/body and the engine was fine, and the 923 engine blew in that truck? Makes me sick seeing classic cars being destroyed in movies let alone tanks ect.

Last edited:

halloran

What about your a2 do you like so much more? Is it just the engine? From my reading the only differences between the a1 and a2 are the engine, flat axles and tires. Unless there is some major frame or accessory upgrades the a2s came with I can probably scoop up this a1 conversion for pretty cheap.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about your a2 do you like so much more? Is it just the engine? From my reading the only differences between the a1 and a2 are the engine, flat axles and tires. Unless there is some major frame or accessory upgrades the a2s came with I can probably scoop up this a1 conversion for pretty cheap.
I'd jump on that 923A1 if it has the 8.3 and was in good shape is what I'm saying. The engine is much quieter and better fuel mileage. My preference of A2 is of course the CTIS and engine.. I think you should jump on the A1 with an A2 motor if it's in good working order. Not saying my 923 is a POS, but it's louder and top speed is 55mph. Post some pics!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks