• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 8 rib generator pulley needed

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
just a FYI but I just had the same thing happen. batteries were a bit low, enough to crank it over but not enough to raise the fuel shutoff solenoid so I started her up and let her idle for about 30 min. When I Went to crank her over a bit later same problem. Checked the alternator and heard a strange sound. The pulley was spinning but bot so much the alternator. The whole front was magnetized with metal shavings around it. Pulled off the pulley and found the whole center was bored out from the key.
Looking for one now. I found a few online but any members has one for sale I would go that route.
Thanks

Csm Davis

Yes this seems to be a common problem with the A2 , this is yet another reason to change to a civilian alternator like the one sold on SS by member 74M35a2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

74M35A2

Thread should be in Parts Wanted dept.

I was just going to say, the best way to fix it is to drop the entire stock alternator into the dumpster. Even if one does not buy the expensive high output unit from me, the $89 Chinese Delco clones are leaps above the stock alternator. Even if both functioning, only the stock one will over-volt on "incorrect shut down" of the dash switches, and wipe out your unprotected ABS module.

Remote battery voltage sense is available on other alternators (as option, not required), but if the voltage there is zero, the alternator will switch over to voltage reference of its own B+ connection stud, and not just go full field.

Member smittyjr355 parts a lot of trucks out and may have a pulley if you want.

$50 off right now if you buy any 2 of the 3 upgrades I sell. Modern gear reduction starter, high output 130a alternator, and serpentine drive low cost 8.3 A/C compressor bracket kit.

Last edited:

infidel got me

alt.

What they said-- I added a delclone alternator to my 5 ton and have hade zero problems. My local rebuilder said he could rebuild my old alternator after a credit check.($400 plus) That was after telling me that the voltage regulator could go out again at any time. NO THANKS--- delclone it and shut the hood! 74M is the go to guy on these, he helped me with mine. Good guy to deal with.

Last edited:

74M35A2

I don't sell Chinese componentry. I can supply the source via PM for those interested in such. I only sell genuine because I don't want to run a warranty return department. My stuff goes out, works hot, cold, underwater, and 100% of the time, and never comes back. Every one of them. The Chinese stuff has about a seemingly 75% effective success rate. Some people here have had issues, but most work ok.

Dustinbrwn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did post a parts wanted ad. Just thought this could be useful info for anyone having the same issues.
74M35A2, pm on the way.
Thanks

brn24wheel

just a FYI but I just had the same thing happen. batteries were a bit low, enough to crank it over but not enough to raise the fuel shutoff solenoid so I started her up and let her idle for about 30 min. When I Went to crank her over a bit later same problem. Checked the alternator and heard a strange sound. The pulley was spinning but bot so much the alternator. The whole front was magnetized with metal shavings around it. Pulled off the pulley and found the whole center was bored out from the key.
Looking for one now. I found a few online but any members has one for sale I would go that route.
Thanks
the exact same thing just happened to me this past weekend. I'm in dire need of getting another alternator or switching to another setup. I need this truck running by Sunday for a veterans charity run so any help would be greatly appreciated.

74M35A2

the exact same thing just happened to me this past weekend. I'm in dire need of getting another alternator or switching to another setup. I need this truck running by Sunday for a veterans charity run so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brandon, I think your request is for an M35A2 engine (LDT?)? I have not verified at all that this alternator will fit the location. It should, but I believe the LDT and NHC 250 both use a double V pulley with more standoff to it (taller hat portion). I don't have that pulley. If your can be bored to a 7/8" slip fit at a machine shop, it will fit and work correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks