• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 abs help

Cole667

I have a 1990 BMY M923A2. The abs had worked properly for the 6 months that I have owned the truck. The other day the ABS light did not turn off after the system check. I checked as many connections for the ABS as I could find. When the truck is turned on both rear abs valves click twice. The truck has been in some mud. What do you guys suggest?
Thanks
Cole

Cole667

Where do you guys recommend buying sensors from? Can I just plug a new sensor in and see if that makes the light go out before I pull the wheels or does the sensor have to be in place?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cole they most likely need cleaning.
Robert do you hear it clicking and cycling if you do yours might just need a blub.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can jack up the axle and do the test from the TM on the Sensors, they may just need adjusting in or out.
If you can hear the clicking I would think the Sensors are bad or out of adjustment.
Erick's has them. But I would test them before you buy any.
http://www.eriksmilitarysurplus.com/abswhseform9.html
I think Ken was referring to the clicking in the ABS unit on the frame. That's normal.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sometimes you can have a stored code and the light will be on. It can clear itself over time. There is a handheld reader that plugs into the abs diag port its 4 prong on the passenger dash underside.

tracks4me

I have a 1990 BMY M923A2. The abs had worked properly for the 6 months that I have owned the truck. The other day the ABS light did not turn off after the system check. I checked as many connections for the ABS as I could find. When the truck is turned on both rear abs valves click twice. The truck has been in some mud. What do you guys suggest?
Thanks
Cole
ABS self check test(1. power switch on. 2. ignition on but do not start truck), you will hear two valve cycle noises between the two rear axles. If heard, ABS is working. ABS yellow led light may be burned out or the 3 amp fuses is blown. Here's a photo I took of that fuse location. I wrapped yellow tape around one lead for future reference.

View attachment 581447