• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Air compressor over pressure

GabesM923A2

I am really new here (new truck one week old, first post on this forum) so please be patient. I have delightfully driven my 923A2 for a week now. Went to start it up today and left it at a high idle for a few minutes to build air. Heard a pop off valve working glanced at my gauges and it was pegged well over 150 psi. I am assuming my governor on my compressor is bad. I found the military number for the compressor but my local truck shop wont be able to work with that. Any suggestions where I could find the manufacturer number or a place to get the gaskets and rebuild kit or whatever it takes to get her back on the road again. Thank you in advance for any help.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its most likely NOT your governor!. Please search "pressure protection valve". You will find all of your questions answered at great length and detail. The key to diagnosing this is: No wipers, no horn = PPV. If you have wipers and Horn it is the governor. Very simple.

EDIT: Floridason types faster than me!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks