• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 anti reverse kit

Hoefler

When I shift my transfer case to low range, I can not get the transmission to shift to neutral or reverse. Am guessing my truck has an anti reverse kit in it.
Can somebody tell me where in the TM's this is-or is it an add on that is not in the TMs. I really need to get this sorted out.
I have a conundrum.
My piping to the piston located on the transfer case is correct. The solenoid is piped correct and the solenoid works. I know the piston prevents shifting the transfer case without the button being pressed. This however is operation for the transfer case. Something else that is related to this is preventing me from shifting the transmission to neutral or reverse. It feels blocked.
Any help would be great.
Pete

Hoefler

Removed the side of the shift tower. There are three wires that go into tower from beneath the dash. One wire is conspicuously blue in color. Thinking that is the wire that is the anti fun wire.
more exploring on Sunday. Supper on and it's dark out.
pete

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think newer 923 had the anti reverse lockout so the guys would quit blowing up transfer cases

Hoefler

I have flipped the auto front axel engage limits switch arm. It now sits opposite and will not engage with washer. So, have the auto front engage taken care of.
Went to check my transfer case interlock cylinder and solenoid valve. It is functioning as it should, but...
My truck is like new underneath-no corrosion and everything moves smooth and free. With no air pressure, the low range lever moves freely-no issue.
At high pressure, and in low range, in order to get my truck in neutral, I have to really force the tower shifter. Some-Anti-reverse?) is affecting this.
I would like to run my truck with transfer case cylinder functioning but will plug the lines feeding it to make my truck more useable. But, I still have not solved or discovered what the problem is here. It has to be anti reverse, but can not find any information on it.
I have been a designer-engineer for 30 years. I know what belts and suspender engineering is. The maze under these trucks fits that definition. Given these vehicles are "emergency" vehicles, it seems those who designed to air curcuits on these trucks had never been in the field or actually operated on of these vehicles. Messy-very messy.
Pete

Hoefler

IMG_0567.jpgIMG_0566.jpgIMG_0562.jpg
That is my next step.
Pictures show the flipped switch for auto front engage along with the ball valve install on the transfer case lock out cylinder. My solenoid and cylinder works, but have put the shut off in for assurance. One note here-the threads on the cylinder are NPT-the threads on the compression coupling are something the local ACE hardware could not match up. I uses a simple close coupling in the piston, screwed in the brass ball valve and re connected the original elbow. This set up keeps it all out of harms way including spare tire.
Even though I have cylinder shut down, I still dont get easy transfer case shifting (unlike that of no air pressure shifting-thats easy and smooth). Something is seemingly messing with the action. Its driving me m-a-d!!
The other picture shows the low range bell crank and how it engages the transmission shifter linkage. When the lever is pulled for low range, a portion of the bell crank will restrict trans shifter arm from travel into reverse. Perhaps this is the anti reverse kit-not sure. The underside if this truck is corrosion free and dry which makes working on it lots of fun.
Pete

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks