• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Brake Dust Cover Removal/Replacement?

Brogman

Short Story Truck was jacked up by tire repair company and it came off the blocks and bent the left front brake dust cover. The TM shows a two piece dust cover. Mine are a One piece dust cover. Any help would be appreciated.

Brogman

Looks like you have to take the front hub off and then brake assembly off the knuckle to get the one piece dustcover off. Major pain. Anyone know why they went to a single dustcover.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A2 axles had several design differences from the A0/A1 axles. Some were due to the CTIS system and some were not. Why not make the tire company that damaged it put the new one on to ease the pain?

As far as the Parts TM, I see where they only show a 2 piece shield like you mention. While the top and bottom are numbered differently, both numbers show the same part number and NSN. Searching with the NSN, there were a couple that showed up on Google and the pictures showed them being one piece shields so who knows. I didn't dig through the whole TM for it but I didn't see anything to differentiate between the 1 piece and 2 piece shields as far as part numbers go. I have seen pairs of the 2 piece shields sold on Ebay a while ago but don't see them now and don't remember the NSN they were listed under. I don't deal with much A2 specific stuff so I might be missing something...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks