• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 cab floor

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just pulled all my mats and insulation out of my cab to check my floor. Was surprised on how good the condition is, wondering what is the best top coat, undercoat or bedliner to cover the floor with and would anybody install mats or leave them out to keep the moisture down.

Thanks

SLOrazorsedge

One of M923's had a badly rusted floor. I wire wheeled the heavy stuff and then used the POR-15 system. They have their own rust conversion liquid. It converts rust and binds it to the metal. You then use the POR-15 paint to seal it. You can beat the finished surface with a hammer w/o damage. We've used it on complete vehicle frames. You can then put the floor mat back in, rhino coat it or whatever. It's the best product I've found for rusty steel.

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what they spray or coat floor with OEM?
Still looking if anybody knows what they spray on the floor under that mat underneath the carc color, looks like some kind of rubbery undercoating protection?? Might have been done at RRAD

TwistedOaks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say RRAD did that. It's likely rubberized undercoating spray, or Leak Stop gutter spray. I ended up using Leak Stop here in FLA just because of humidity. I wire-wheeled the whole floor, which was needed after the humidity got under the mat, and just stayed there. Then Rust reformer the whole thing, 2 or 3 coats (respirator required), then hit it with Leak Stop. The mat went back down after I finished pulling out the seats, and did the same to prep the floors prior to the install of my HEMTT seats. It's held up very well for the last month. And touch ups from gouges and crap rolling around is a lot easier.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used the Raptor bed liner on my two M35A2. You can get it untinted and have some tint mixed up to match or get the black. Clean it up, prime it and spray the bed liner. Be sure to clover what you do not want it on. :D
In FL I would keep the mate out. On my M925 I had to replace the floor due to being rusted out.
http://www.amazon.com/U-POL-Tintable-TRUCK-LINER-COATING-Bedliner/dp/B002M0S9AE

Attachments

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I plan on keeping the mat out are having to do a couple little patches on some small little rushed through spots, I coated the whole floor with macropoxy by Sherwin-Williams after clean up I might go with some rapptor liner afterwards though

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
have had Mat out for some time now no problem with me all good did the macropoxy primer Raptor bed liner and then top coat it with carc paint came out good no issues

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks