• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 cab leaking water

71DeuceAK

Hamrick, Gorilla Tape also works on the inside of the windshields while driving in the rain, and is obviously removable for opening windshields. Hard top helps a bunch too obviously. As others have stated the floor mats tend to trap moisture and allow the floor pan in the cab to rot out...as does of course battery acid.

Keep us posted. I've wanted to weatherproof (and Alaska-proof) these trucks more myself.

Hamrick907

Hamrick, Gorilla Tape also works on the inside of the windshields while driving in the rain, and is obviously removable for opening windshields. Hard top helps a bunch too obviously. As others have stated the floor mats tend to trap moisture and allow the floor pan in the cab to rot out...as does of course battery acid.

Keep us posted. I've wanted to weatherproof (and Alaska-proof) these trucks more myself.
Thanks for the tape idea. Wish I had thought of that when my son and I drove up from down south. haha

Hamrick907

I tried everything, but tape, to seal the cab.
Had water everywhere In a big down pour.
Had a drip right on my gas foot. haha
It was great, loved every minute of it that trip.
And had a good time with my son.
Only issue I had was ran out of fuel going up a hill in Canada.
Lots of good people stopped and helped.

71DeuceAK

I spent a fair amount of time in an M925 with fellow member 98G this past fall. It was a blast and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Many people do long trips in these and hate it, if you offered me the chance to ride along 1000 miles on that stiff battery box of a seat I couldn't jump in fast enough. Much better way to see the country than flying, albeit much slower.

In the pouring rain, in these trucks, if it's raining outside, it's generally raining inside that cab, and I've always thought that's just the way they are. But Gorilla Tape and a hard top help immensely as does having your door windows adjusted properly so no gaps.

How is the heat in yours in the AK winters? It wasn't that great in the trucks I was in in Alaska and North Dakota.

Hamrick907

She's chilly.
A lot has to do with air gaps around the doors.
That's why I plan on insulating a little better and putting some flat metal around the door window to deflect the wind and water.
I got my truck all taken apart right now, nothing like taking a trip in these truck. :)

71DeuceAK

The doors and windows don't seal all that well to say the least. They aren't that warm in the winter, but the hot/cold, drafty cab is just part of the whole 5 ton experience. Nothing like them and I wouldn't want anything but. I could live with one as a daily driver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks