• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2... Common Issues/Review

Danl

It all depends were you got the truck In bastow Cal. they drain all some places thay say you can drive it off base On the GL site were you won the bid there is a contact number for pick up date call them and ask these ? ok they will take care of you good luck and I hope you have a good repoor with them , I did and have nothing bad to say about it But call them Tell them you won the lot # and waiteing on EUC to clear and ask About oil involve them and they will Like you Have Fun [thumbzup]

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fact is, EUC times can range from 5 days to 6 months or more. I'd say 10-20 days is the norm but I have waited 6 months before and it wasn't my first one.

I would strongly suggest you go and preview your first GL purchase. That way you'd know what the truck needed to get it going before you bid. Otherwise you could end up with a pile of parts that no amount of fluid will fix. You take a big risk bidding without preview. I do it all the time but I understand the risk and never bid over what I can part the truck out for if I have to.

M923driver

Got my last 2 EUC's in about 10 days, much faster than I thought. Usually if you talk to the GL folks and explain what you're doing they're pretty helpful, just remember it's their rodeo. I watched a guy with a serious attitude disorder get totally red-taped at Anniston the other day while I went straight through. Like everyone else says, preview it first or have an SS member do it for you if you can't get there. Money/time well spent.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you find, please post back to the list because I want at least one of those two trucks, too. Thanks for helping. That way, your efforts can help the rest of us who can't inspect.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

If it's a Barstow truck, I can almost ensure you that there are no petroleum based fluids or batteries in them. I'd advise against towing as the diff's and transfer will be drained as well. As far as M939A2 quirks, I've had trouble with fuel shut off solenoids. They do a great job shutting the motor down, they just don't retract when you go to start. I've had many a truck driver tell me his truck will turn over but not start. Open the hood, go to the driver's side by the injection pump, push the solenoid in by hand, rotate the throttle linkage (counter clockwise?), release solenoid and fires off pretty quickly.

jesusgatos

If it's a Barstow truck, I can almost ensure you that there are no petroleum based fluids or batteries in them. I'd advise against towing as the diff's and transfer will be drained as well. As far as M939A2 quirks, I've had trouble with fuel shut off solenoids. They do a great job shutting the motor down, they just don't retract when you go to start. I've had many a truck driver tell me his truck will turn over but not start. Open the hood, go to the driver's side by the injection pump, push the solenoid in by hand, rotate the throttle linkage (counter clockwise?), release solenoid and fires off pretty quickly.
Is this really a matter of policy at Barstow? Have been reading about a lot of people who have picked up vehicles there that weren't drained. Understand we might need fluids, but would like to know if we will need fluids. Thanks.

Last edited:

quickfarms

I have hauled two trucks from Barstow. One had fluids in it and the other was drained.

Here is what i have found. If the vehicle was turned in by a unit it is a toss up. If the vehicle was pulled from long term storage, the fluids were probably drained.

Personally I preview anything with an engine, unless I am purchasing it a scrap price, and I haul all vehicles off the base.