• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 - CTIS - wheels with tubes (?)

DinoShepherd

OK, so I have been fighting a slow leak for a while, finally decided to take it into the commercial tire place to get it fixed. I thought it was the O-ring so I ordered that to have ready.

Got there and they pulled the wheel off and apart. Easy, peasy.

Inside was no o-ring on the wheel halves, but there was a tube inside. And that is where we stopped as it appears to be leaking.

So after messing with it, what was a small leak is now a big leak and I am kind of stuck.

What is the part that I need and where do I get it?

Searching has gotten me nowhere thus far, but my brain is a little fuzzy right now from fighting this.

Thanks guys...

:)

DinoShepherd

I'm confused.. What are you trying to find? A new tube, or the correct o-ring?
Sorry. I am confused as well. So sorry if I am coming off like kind of a retard.

The first question is:
- Tubes. Common? I have never heard of them inside of these, but I am a definite noob here. If so, standard tube?

Second question:
- O-Ring. Got it. Got the right one for sure. My wheel didn't seem to have one in its current state. Common with tubes?

Third question:
- If what I am seeing is a tube, can I get these wheels to tubeless and what do I need? Not sure how valve stem attaches as the are currently attached to the tubes.

Hope this is making sense.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I don't see how a tube would even be physically compatible with a m939 combat wheel. Unless you are talking about the valve stem itself which is a metal tube but the tube part is pretty much on the outside. I think pictures of everything would be required and then go from there.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He got his truck as private sale. My suspicion is someone half-familiar with military vehicles tampered with the wheels and tires.

The tires do say "may be used with or without tubes" on the sidewall. Obviously it was taken out of context, as the 2 piece combat rims are not intended to have tubes....

DinoShepherd

He got his truck as private sale. My suspicion is someone half-familiar with military vehicles tampered with the wheels and tires.

The tires do say "may be used with or without tubes" on the sidewall. Obviously it was taken out of context, as the 2 piece combat rims are not intended to have tubes....
thank you all, especially 98.

Yeah, what I was seeing did not match the TMs. I am going to pull everything apart tomorrow and report. sorry for the drama. Very frustrated as we are in the middle of a move and the truck was super handy.

JohnnyBM931A2

thank you all, especially 98.

Yeah, what I was seeing did not match the TMs. I am going to pull everything apart tomorrow and report. sorry for the drama. Very frustrated as we are in the middle of a move and the truck was super handy.

No spare tire?

My guess is that the previous owner installed a tube in order to solve an issue with a tire that would not stop leaking. A few possibilities there.. First, is that they did not know that there is supposed to be an o-ring in there. Second, is that they knew that there needed to be an o-ring, but maybe they put the wrong size in (there are 2.) Third, is that the wheel itself is flawed, and wouldn't seal even with the proper o-ring. None of these are difficult problems to fix. Worst case, you need to buy a new wheel, but they're not that expensive. You can get them new on eBay from Oshkosh for $175.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks