• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 filter part numbers help

Cole667

Hi, I have a 1990 BMY m923a2 with a 8.3 cummins. I am trying to gather the part numbers for the oil filter, fuel filter, and serpentine belt so that I can get spares to keep in the truck JIC. If anyone could tell me these part #s I would greatly appreciate it. I looked at my truck last night and every filter seemed to be spun in a way that I can't get a number from them without removing it. Also if anyone has any input as to other spare parts I should keep with me to help me out in a jam I am all ears.
Thank you very much.

mcmullag

Thought I had them written in a notebook here.
NAPA has the stuff, I think OReilly carries some of the stuff too Went to a big tucks part store for the air dryer rebuild kit.
If you google the topic like... M92a oil filter, it will give you links to threads here. There are spreadsheets and reference tables on this site people have placed all the info on. Check the tabs near the top of this page. Look at 'similar threads' listed at the bottom of this page.

JohnnyBM931A2

Hi, I have a 1990 BMY m923a2 with a 8.3 cummins. I am trying to gather the part numbers for the oil filter, fuel filter, and serpentine belt so that I can get spares to keep in the truck JIC. If anyone could tell me these part #s I would greatly appreciate it. I looked at my truck last night and every filter seemed to be spun in a way that I can't get a number from them without removing it. Also if anyone has any input as to other spare parts I should keep with me to help me out in a jam I am all ears.
Thank you very much.
Other spare parts? I think you should definitely carry extra spark plugs and a gallon of blinker fluid.. ;)

I think you have a good start though.. Filters and a belt. Obviously make sure you carry a nice assortment of tools with you too. I also bought a fire extinguisher, flare kit, and a reflective vest in case I break down at night. I also carry an empty 5 gallon diesel can. Finally, I ordered a tire inflator with glad hand, and a spare tire hoist, because both were missing from my truck when I bought it. No sense having a spare if you can't even get it down off of the truck.. lol :)

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heavy Zip ties are something else to carry.

Fuel cut off solenoid throws a fit zip tie it open. Brake pot blows a diaphragm, cage the pot and fold the air lines over and zip tie them. Loose a bolt out of the mirror bracket, zip tie it.

74M35A2

Heavy Zip ties are something else to carry.

Fuel cut off solenoid throws a fit zip tie it open. Brake pot blows a diaphragm, cage the pot and fold the air lines over and zip tie them. Loose a bolt out of the mirror bracket, zip tie it.
10-4 on this. For my M925A2, the only thing I have needed road-side is large zip ties, because the fuel stop solenoid freaks out with extended cranking (voltage drop), so exactly what he said. Sure, if I keep fuel in it, that won't happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks