• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 info search

mighty6x6

First of all, a thank you to all the members of this site. Today is my first post and I am in need of some information. I am currently a proud owner of a 1992 M923A2. I purchased this beast in early December 2015. About 2 months ago I was asked to be in a parade on Memorial Day with my truck. I was honored at the invitation and of course said YES to the request. The parade committee is going to decorate the truck in honor of Veterans or those that are MIA. They wanted specific information on my truck as this information will be part of the signage. The only question I could not answer was... Has your truck been in battle ? My question to Steel Soldiers is this... Is there any way to find out if my truck has seen combat or where it was stationed ? Thank you

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a question we all have and don't think there's a answer to.
Bumper # reveal a lot but not historical data.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It's my understanding that most of the vehicles that went to the Second Gulf war and after never came back due to condition, cost to ship back and replacement with up armored vehicles.

A lot of equipment stayed there and rotating units drew them and used them while they were there.

They had civilian contractors that took care of them.

Ford Mechanic

That's a question we all have and don't think there's a answer to.
Bumper # reveal a lot but not historical data.
I still have the shipping labels on mine where it came back from Kuwait. I also have the original bumper numbers on it from SC National Guard. So I had my buddy that's in the guard look at it. He determined by the type of label, year of truck, and unit history that it had seen a tour in Operation Iraqi Freedom. He also said it was normal practice for guard units to bring their vehicles back from overseas. Mine was assigned to a unit that supported a truck mounted multiple launch rocket system (the M# escapes me at the moment).

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First of all....

Welcome aboard :D Find a bunk, stow your gear, and prepare to get underway :driver:

As for your question....

Look at this thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?149710-2016-VIN-INFO-Thread-Please-Read

You can submit your truck's information and possibly find unit assignment information from which you may be able to determine if the unit has ever deployed. Contacting the identified unit would be be your next step in documenting historical background for your truck's sponsors to publicize.

IMHO: EVERY MV whether used in-theater or "back home" did indeed SERVE and is a worthy tribute to those who never returned. As with out veterans, those who supported are just as necessary to mission success as those who saw combat. Let the BIG PICTURE tell the story. We are ALL brothers (and sisters) at arms.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks