• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 lights failed

Cannoncocker

I picked up my M923a2 Thursday out of Barstow. After a through safety check we drove it home with no problems. This morning the truck started and ran fine until I turned on the headlights and nothing? No high or low beam, clearance or brake lights. Only the dash lights work? I have manuals ordered. Any ideas as to where the headlight breaker is located on the M923? Perhaps the main light switch failed? Never had one of these goof up before but anything is possible! Thought I would check with the experts before tearing into the wiring. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. John.......... :beer:

Cannoncocker

M923a2 Headlights Failed

As always I started on the wrong end and after pulling and testing both seal beams I cleaning all the grounds. The front side marker lights worked but no power the the headlights (high or low beam) After working my way back trough the wiring and dimer switch I replaced the headlight switch. Lights are working like new. Brake lights are back on also. The upside is knowing every body ground I could find from the cab to the front bumper has been sanded clean and reinstalled with a dab of dielectric grease. The sad part in the switch that failed looks new and was dated 2007? Must have been made by the lowest bidder. Good luck on yours.
:beer:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is plug and play, and eventually fails, no matter how well it is grounded. If it fails in a spectacular way, your truck's wiring also catches fire and melts/burns.. They SUCK! Do a search, you will see.........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks