• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 really doggy starting out in first gear

Hi Guys,

Got a weekend off to play with my toys. I've been working on my 923A2 Hardtop and have gotten her cleaned up really well. Only remaining problem I'm encountering is that it is absolutely gutless starting out from zero in 1st gear. once up over 10-20 MpH there is power. I've checked the parking brake to make sure it's coming off. All airbrakes appear to be functioning properly. Have not checked fuel filter yet.

Does this sound like a fuel issue? Turbo? any help at all?

Appreciate any light that can be shed on this problem, I'm scratching my head!

Chris R

plode

Until the turbo spools up there really isn't much(any) power. I'd say on my truck the turbo really doesn't fully spool up until at least 10+mph.

Can't hurt to change out the fuel filters, check the air filter. Getting 49" tires spinning and pushing 20K lbs isn't something that will happen too quick :lol:

Can you elaborate on the fuel pump mod? Or link?

My dad has the same truck and mine is not right, I know they are slow off the line, but I pulled out of a stop light with over a block clear and wound up stopping traffic on the way home with it. Once it's moving it's fine though.

PWM

In the 5 Ton mods page search for "So-who-has-bumped-the-power-on-a-6CTA-cummins" it has a ton of information on the subject. I tried to post a direct link but it didn't work.

ctoathkeeper

I agree with shadowdd ...turning the right screw makes a huge difference...plus as a bonus you get nice black smoke from the stack...when a prius pulls up next to you....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks