• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 regulating the modulator on the radiator fan..

Carlo

I want to regulate the fan clutch to turn on at a lower temperture. I see on the back of the sensor there is something but before I do damage I wanted to check with others.
I looked for help in the TM but could not find anything telling how to regualte it.

Any help would be very appreciated..

Navo

I'm not seeing my fan turn on at all? I have a M923A2 and I can't seem to find any info on it. I see a lot of topics about the A1 and checking air lines etc. but I don't see any of that? My temp gauge shows about 180-190 while driving. I don't hear the fan come on and everytime I look at it while its running its not spinning?

trooper632

I picked up three trucks, two M931a2's and a M923a2 none of the fans have kicked on yet temp has gotten up to 200 on one of the trucks, I dont know what to do

Navo

On mine I have not seen it move. It moves very freely when you move it by hand. As in you can rotate it and it will keep spinning, its like it has no resistance. I'm going to try the 1500RPM thing later today and will let you know what I find. I drove it for 80 miles and the temps were around 190, I pulled over on the side of the road and looked and I didn't see it on then, so I dunno.

Navo

I just ran the truck at 1500RPM's the fan kicked on at about 195-200. Thanks for your help! One less headache I have to worry about! Thanks again!

jedawson1

My M923A1 (different engine)has to hit 195 for the fan to kick on and it doesn't have to run for long. Also as long as the truck is moving it rarely needs the fan. I'm in TN and unless its 90degrees + and or I'm pulling a grade it just doesn't get hot enough.

If your truck isn't breaking 200 then either your fan is working and you don't hear it, or your gauge is off a little and your truck isn't getting hot enough to need it. Try the 1500rpm trouble shoot. Just remember if its not warm out it could take a little bit to heat up enough to activate the fan.

And if your new to these trucks, keep your hand away from the fan while you wait.

Carlo

The 8,3 is a newer design motor made to meet smog regulations and there for shoud run hotter to brun cleaner. Cold motor burns more fuel and burns it bad. The only way you can verify the fan working is open the hood, pull out the throttle and wait. If you havev a laser temp monitor you can verfy the temp gauge in the cab is working correct.
I think at about 180° you should see the fan turn. Its not a "on - off" type of enguagement of the clutch fan. It goes in smooth as it should so not to stress the serpt. belt.
The old 250 is a cold blooded motor that takes some to make her heat up pls the fact there is no turbo also make it run cooler.
Make this test with the hood up and let us know how she went, ok?
(sorry for mis spelled english)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks