• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Spring Brake actuator

Rifleman

Higgs, when i first got my truck i had the same problem with the E brake air switch. Mine was stuck in the up position and my truck wouldn't move an inch. Once i flipped that arm with the roller on it down the brakes released. From time to time mine will still stick, but i now make it a practice to check to make sure it's down when i push off the E brake.

maxtor

This same issue happened to me today. Our M923A2 has been working perfectly until today. I started it up, waited until the air pressure built up, and then released the parking brake, moved the trans shifter from neutral to 5-1. The truck would not move forward. I could move in reverse, but it was obvious that the brakes were on. I called a fellow friend and he suggested pushing in the override knob. It worked and allowed me to move the truck normally in forward and reverse. Of course the light was on that indicated a parking brake problem. I moved the truck to it's normal parking place, then pulled out the knob to normal location, which locked up the brakes. It was getting dark by now, so I will check it out tomorrow after reading more on the TM's. I did notice that the roller that lifts when you pull the parking brake up would move up and down with ease.
I am glad I found this thread.

Jlprober

I just experienced the same issue everything working fine then the brakes will not release once pb lever is moved to the down position. So i tried playing with the wheel (flipping it up and down several times) to no avail. Do these switches go bad frequently and if so how do i diagnose the switch as bad and not something else? Thank you in advance for your help.

maxtor

I fixed ours by removing the valve, using wd40 and air to clean out the valve. Works like new now. If you want verbal instructions, leave me a pm with your phone number and I will call you.

Jlprober

Thanks Ken and Maxtor for taking the time for me. I took mine off and squirted teflon oil on the plunger of the valve and it works great!! 15 min. job

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks