• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 stockpile

Wick246

So after many years of dreaming and much reading lately I'm finally able to start saving for my dream M923A2. Watching the Iron Planet auctions out of Utah there were many for sale the last two months for very reasonable prices but now there are only a few left. Have most of the governments fleet been auctioned off already or will there be more to come? Do they come in waves? Really hoping I didn't miss the boat.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's plenty and you can always buy from a private owner.
So all my trucks have come from private sells and have not lost in any deal so far.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I did a post about this within the last two years. Too sick tonight to relook up this information. It will also depend on the specific type of 5ton.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Frankly, they're all sold out. So the heck with it. only one left in the whole wide world. Better jump on it.

Gunzy

Wick246, I live in Roy, Ut and am buy the facility where all those trucks are often. They are stored by the Weber County Fair Grounds and I will be going out there this weekend for a gun show. I can asure you there are a lot of M939 series trucks stored there that will make their way through the auction. Just be patient and keep watch. They seem to post them in smaller groups now but they are there.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Frankly, they're all sold out. So the heck with it. only one left in the whole wide world. Better jump on it.
Yes, and it located in KY and is for sale, very reasonable. M923 w/ 31K miles. Cover and bows included. It currently under 15" of snow.
CARNAC, get better soon.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There is an Army Reserve unit near me that has a yard full of 900 series tractors sitting under the pine trees rusting away. They have drawn their new trucks so they are still in business.
My guess is that there is no money in the budget to get these trucks to DRMO or that the unit is deployed. By the time these trucks go through the system and hit Govplanet they are going to be rough.
There may be thousands of trucks around the country in this status.

Attachments

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes, and it located in KY and is for sale, very reasonable. M923 w/ 31K miles. Cover and bows included. It currently under 15" of snow.
CARNAC, get better soon.
Or he could by the better one left that has only 17K miles, runs perfectly, two NOS cargo covers, is a 1989 A2 so it's over the 25year mark, and it's a lot closer to him than KY.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or he could by the better one left that has only 17K miles, runs perfectly, two NOS cargo covers, is a 1989 A2 so it's over the 25year mark, and it's a lot closer to him than KY.
Shouldn't you be in bed sipping chicken soup? I'm sipping chicken broth, getting ready to prep for a 08:00 colonoscopy tomorrow.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Good luck on that. I'm fed up trying to fight it. I had to walk the dogs (they don't care I'm sick) and now it's time to go get checked out.

Wick246

Thanks everyone. Gunzy I'm curious to hear what's waiting in the wings to be sold. I'm still a couple of months away from being ready to buy. Coffey I like your new truck!

Chad

Gunzy

Thanks everyone. Gunzy I'm curious to hear what's waiting in the wings to be sold. I'm still a couple of months away from being ready to buy. Coffey I like your new truck!

Chad
Was out there this morning and there are at least 100+ M939 series trucks and a butt load of HMMWVs sitting out there waiting for their turn. There is a lot of new equipment there too. I would love to have one of the Oshkosh PLS HEMMT A4s that are out there. There is all kinds of old and new equipment there.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is an Army Reserve unit near me that has a yard full of 900 series tractors sitting under the pine trees rusting away. They have drawn their new trucks so they are still in business.
My guess is that there is no money in the budget to get these trucks to DRMO or that the unit is deployed. By the time these trucks go through the system and hit Govplanet they are going to be rough.
There may be thousands of trucks around the country in this status.
I could sure use one of them hard tops. What a shame...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks