• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 stuck in 6wd

restforyoursouls

Hi, this is my first technical post on SS. I've introduced myself in a new member thread.

I have an '90 M923a2. The front axle is engaged and seems to be stuck that way. The Tcase shifter handle is in high range, all the way to the floor. The Front Axle switch is in the Out position. The only thing I've messed with regarding the 6wd system is the actuator arm on the Tcase linkage between the frame rails that engages the front axle in low range. I turned that arm forward and heard a click. I then turned the arm all the way back to the disengaged position and removed the arm so that I could have control over engaging the front axle via the dash switch.

Is there an air line that I can open or something that I could take apart and lubricate in order for the Tcase to disengage the front axle? I've searched the forum and I was only able to find threads on Tcases that WOULDN'T engage the front axle.

I have the spare tire carrier off the frame so everything regarding the Tcase is easily accessible from top or bottom.

Thanks
-Daniel

Csm Davis

Hi, this is my first technical post on SS. I've introduced myself in a new member thread.

I have an '90 M923a2. The front axle is engaged and seems to be stuck that way. The Tcase shifter handle is in high range, all the way to the floor. The Front Axle switch is in the Out position. The only thing I've messed with regarding the 6wd system is the actuator arm on the Tcase linkage between the frame rails that engages the front axle in low range. I turned that arm forward and heard a click. I then turned the arm all the way back to the disengaged position and removed the arm so that I could have control over engaging the front axle via the dash switch.

Is there an air line that I can open or something that I could take apart and lubricate in order for the Tcase to disengage the front axle? I've searched the forum and I was only able to find threads on Tcases that WOULDN'T engage the front axle.

I have the spare tire carrier off the frame so everything regarding the Tcase is easily accessible from top or bottom.

Thanks
-Daniel
Yes Daniel you should be able to remove the air line going to the engagement cylinder and see if it has pressure on it or not. If you have pressure something is hooked up wrong or stuck open upstream.

restforyoursouls

Thank you! I unhooked the airline to the cylinder on the rear of the Tcase and it was getting air once pressure was up.

The actuator arm in front of the Tcase was pushed too far back. Apparently it feeds air if it's too far back or pushed forward. It needs to be in the "middle" position not to feed air.

While the line was unhooked, i verified that the dash switch is sending air to the cylinder which will engage the front axle as it should.

Problem solved.

Thanks so much. Hope this helps someone else down the line.