• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 Tranny slipping

Kimcyr

I just got my truck out went for a run of hard wood Maple l
Loaded it was slipping going up a hill just wondering if this ever happened to anybody and no signs of the torque acting up before
It seems to take a long time before it reaches RPMs when I get back home I'm going to change my fuel filters all my levels in the transmission are good

rustystud

Are you saying that it always takes a long time to get up to speed ? Engine revs up and the truck just sorts of slugs along ? If that is so then you could have broken your stator in the torque converter.

Kimcyr

OK well that could be it just started after I loaded it with the hardwood and then started, being sluggish after hope I didn't break that but it is a possibility I never really snapped it to give her a hard go well I'm going to have to troubleshoot a bit more thank you very much

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems to take a long time before it reaches RPMs
Are you sure it's the transmission slipping? If the transmission was slipping, it would stand to reason that RPMs would go up faster instead of slower. That one symptom there makes me think you have loss of power instead of slippage. Air in the fuel from a leaking fuel line can cause what you describe. Have you checked to see if you have a brake(s) not releasing? What did the transmission temp get up to when you were climbing these hills? Slippage causes heat. Did the transmission fluid smell burnt? How does the truck rev in neutral or running without a load?

Air in the fuel line, clogged fuel filter and hung brakes are far more common than transmission problems and could feel like slippage on a big truck with a load. Both of these are also easier to check and repair than a transmission.

If you're sure it's slipping, verify the fluid level again exactly by the book. Checking the level can easily produce false results when dealing with this much fluid, if not done properly. Too low and you can have slippage. Too high and you'll aerate the fluid, which can cause slippage, feel sluggish and create other problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks