• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 transfer case shifting problems...

spicergear

Sorry to revive month old thread.

On my 931A2 I've noticed that if it is possible to have able to roll slightly like on a small grade, it's shifts much easier. Just enough to barely spin the gears and it clicks right in...like take foot off brake, roll a foot or two, then click right in. Did anyone mention the truck should be in neutral too?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do believe any transfer case will respond better when there is still a slight roll. That is why when driving the 5 ton or Deuce just as I am comming to a stop while the wheels are still just turning abit I make the switch back to low. My IH has me double clutch the transfer case. I have not needed to use low in the 939 series yet.

spicergear

You mean like post #10?
Huh, uh...yep. I only saw the air down part. Don't mind me, I'm dumb. Ask around.

People want to also keep an eye on the shift rail that is pulled out of the transfer case for low range. If left out it can lose it's oil film. Nobody want's that part to rust so be sure to cycle it back in now and then if the truck is used in low a lot.

ladoublet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M931A2 transfer case will shift into low range and move in reverse. Moved only a slight bit to see if it would engage in reverse. I do not operate the transfer in low range with reverse. When shifting to forward in low range it grinds and kicks out. Have taken the top plate off and inspected but can't find anything obviously wrong or broken.
Any Thoughts?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks