• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Transmission/Drivetrain Question

Oerthedge21

So, me being me, I love standard transmissions. Now, I know that the M35s and a whole lotta other trucks were standards, but I really love the look and size of the 923s. So, my question is, has anybody ever heard of someone doing a transmission swap in a 923a2 from the Allison auto a standard transmission? Is it even possible?

Jason O

Anything is possible, however I'm not aware of anyone swapping one into an M939 yet. I'm kicking around the same thing. Most Eaton-Fuller twin countershaft boxes are pretty wide, and may be in the path of the front drive shaft.

When I make some progress, I'll post it in the mods / hot-rodding section.

I can't justify this swap in any way, other than the truck would be a little nicer and less awkward to drive with the right manual trans.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I do not think it would take much to put in a trans out of a 809 series, this way you would allow right side clearance for the front winch drive shaft,, all would be needed is the correct flywheel and the matching clutch pack, and a new drive shaft between the trans and transfer, a modded floor board, and a a few small other items. This will give you a od trans and a od transfer. The trans would be fairly cheap.